List archives now unsearchable

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Sep 10 14:38:46 EDT 2002

the list archives are now configured not to be searchable by search
engines.  It will take awhile for the old archive pages to drop out of
the search engine cached information; I'm not sure for how long the
major search engines keep information.  But after awhile, they will all
drop out.  The index pages (that's just list the subject headers of the
messages, as opposed to the contents of the messages themselves) are
still searchable, so if you're going to say something actionable, don't
say it in the subject header. ;)

There is no excuse for how long it took me to do this.  Thanks go to the
list members who kept poking me.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Hither then, swiftly, for I'm cold, I'm cold.
		-- _The Folk of the Air_