Ghost objects

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Thu Oct 31 13:49:32 EST 2002

<< Off the top of my head, I can't come up with any other than the
well-known figure of the ghost-train. Ideas? >>

In Leon Garfield's first novel, Jack Holborn, there is a ship, the
"Esperance", that functions very much as a ghost in the story. But it does
appear to have had a physical presence because the characters managed to
board it at one point.

It was unmaned, however, and tended to apear and disapear at will. Plus there
are the phantom doors/doorways that show up in some stories.