Superman turning back time

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Thu Oct 31 01:10:34 EST 2002

OK. We have trouble with this, but we don't have trouble with Superman
flying in the first place? Or using his own body as a railroad track?

Lots of things happen in Superhero (and other SF) movies and books and
comics that aren't physically possible.

The science (or lack thereof) of this was overridden, for me, by the
power of emotion behind the whole sequence. Superman saved so many
lives that day, but the one life he couldn't save was the life of the
woman he loved (who died a horrible death I had nightmares about for
weeks afterwards!). And he decides to fix it. And this is the moment,
too, I think when he finally becomes the hero he will be for the rest
of his life. When he turns his back on Jor-El's "don't get involved."

I thought it was powerful. Didn't bug me.

just my humble opinion

widdy
-----
Eight blunders of the world that lead to violence: wealth without work,
pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce
without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice,
politics without principle, and rights without responsibilities.
Mahatma and Arun Gandhi
-----
Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net