Re If you're really bored (and now straying into SUV/4WDs)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 21:06:16 EST 2002

As one of the anti-4WD (as we say here) people on the
list I have to admit that there is a place for them.
In the bush they are indespensable. And for plenty of
other occasions as well, our house would never have
been built without one. They are not appropriate for
suburban mothers to drive 500 metres to drop their
kids at school, nor do i like the idea of people
bashing through fragile bushland in them with no
thought as to erosion problems, or the spread of
weeds, just becasue they think it is their right to
have a good time in whatever they they wish.

Jon Noble
(Who was once with a group of people who drove a
LandRover into a creek near Mudgee [it wasn't there
the day before] to have it pulled out and repaired by
the person who had 25 years earlier actually designed
the Land Rover engine)

--- Kathleen Jennings <s368333 at student.uq.edu.au>