Re If you're really bored

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue Oct 29 05:28:51 EST 2002

Ven wrote:
> What I actually want is Alley Bank
> Cottage in Bridge of Earn, Perthshire, which I
> once rented, transplanted to the kinder climate
> of the South of England (is there nothing us
> sassenachs wouldn't stoop to but I have to add
> the filching of houses?).

Och, the fickle southron, disputing the grand climate. Whit's a wee drop of
rain do tae harm ye?
I'm just reading the McAuslan books by George MacDonald Fraser, and love
them, especially the turns of phrase. It surprised me, I don't normally go
in for life-in-the-military books, but they're so funny.
Jennifer