The Merlin Conspiracy cover

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 27 15:09:54 EST 2002

--- Bodil Gram <listedwj at bglist.cutisan.dk> wrote:

> A couple of days ago, Jon Noble wrote:
>
> >I seem to recall that Harry Flashman (any other
> Flashman
> >fans here?) counts "The order of the elephant"
> among
> >his honours,
>
> The Order of the Elephant actually does exist in
> real life here in Denmark....

I've found a better picture of the Order of the
Elephant here

http://www.chivalricorders.org/orders/scandinavian/elefant.htm

Its only vaguely like the MC cover.

It was this order that Flashman had, although he was
never actually awarded it, rather he kept it in "Royal
Flash" (which is a retelling of "Prisoner of Zenda")
when he fled. He caused considerable discomfort to
Danish diplomats in London when he took to wearing it
(and listing in in his "Who's Who" entry) as there was
no record of him ever actually recieving one. Prince
Carl Gustaf, who's decoration it was, could never
admit to the circumstances of its loss.

Jon Noble