If you're really bored...

Neil Ward neilward at dircon.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 07:08:22 EST 2002

Am I the last to do this?

 1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

Somewhere coastal and windswept, probably in Scotland.

 2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

A black jacket I've re-dyed three times now.

 3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES

Assuming you mean mine, it's a race for last place, frankly.  Other people
have commented favourably on my forehead, nose and arms, so I'll go with
those.

 4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

"Hate" - The Delgados

5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?

Quiet places, steeped in history.  Inside my own head in its less busy
periods.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?

In a large business meeting, expected to speak at any moment.

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

Shoulders and neck sounds good.  Is this an offer?

8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?

The mind is more complex; very strong in places, very weak in others.  I
guess mind wins over my somewhat untoned body.

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

At about 11.00 am, four hours after I get up and go to work.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

Um.  The fridge?

11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Very little makes me really angry.  At the local level, prejudice; on a
global level, injustice and waste of life.

12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Piano.  I had a few lessons when I was a child and my father ended up
smashing the piano in the back garden.  I guess I *really* needed the
lessons.

13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?

Indigo.

14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?

I don't much approve of cars, but particularly not as status symbols.

15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?

Yes, but not from a religious perspective, more from the
paranormal/scientific angle.

16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?

Most of DWJ, Pullman, Rowling, Cooper... all that sort of thing.  I'm still
on a journey through children's literature I missed in childhood, so I don't
want to choose a favourite yet.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?

Autumn.  Leaves, wind, rain, clouds - they brighten my mood.

18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Hoovering ( I have a dust allergy).

19.   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Healing.

20 DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?

No, but would like one in the shape of a star, somewhere on my back.

21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?

No, not even my time.

22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?

A distant relative called Hannah Houghton.  I feel a connection.

23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?

Saturday.

24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!

No car in my life, but if I had one, perhaps the corpse of a dictator?
Either that or a picnic hamper full of mouldy food.

25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?

I don't like either, but vegetarian Sushi at a pinch.  I'd only eat it
wearing black, reading poetry and trying to look thin.

26.  OF THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST  LIKELY TO RESPOND?

My friends would all write back and complain that I sent it.

27. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

My four-year-old niece.  Anyway, I already know she prefers hamburgers to
sushi.

Neil