No subject

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Oct 25 15:37:29 EDT 2002

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Ugh.  It's enough trouble fixing up an already built one.  But I'd
like a magic expansion on the one I have already - a spare room for
people to stay, a study/library, and lots more storage room would be
great.  The kids want an office like the one in The Saturdays .
(There's no room to expand it except magically, as it's in a terrace).

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
All-cotton, warm and soft, comfy - yup, probably only jammies fit the
bill.  And slippers to go with them....

3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES
Haven't thought about it since I was a teenager, reading those
endless articles about how to improve your looks. :-)  I guess my
hazel eyes (rare and usually imply niceness according to TG).

4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
Actually, it was a cheapie Chopin.  Not typical - bought it for
studying _The Awakening_, in which some of his music plays an
important part.  Other than that, my favourite  recent purchase would
be Rarities and B Sides by Sarah McLachlan.

5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?
In the bath reading, in bed ditto, in a bookshop, especially a
second-hand one where I've just found a book that's OOP and  I've
been searching for for a long time.  In the pub/cafeteria/wherever
with friends right after end-of-year exam.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?
In my house just prior to setting out for the above exam!  (Ok, I'm a
little obsessed still)  (In the exam itself is not usually as bad as
dreading it beforehand).  Stuck in Dublin's fair traffic.  In
Riverbank Family Law Court (haven't had to be there for a year or
two, thank heavens).

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
Neck/shoulders.

8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?
Not feeling particularly either just atm!  Though I've realised I'm
stronger in mind than I used to give myself credit for.

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
6:30ish school mornings, 8:30-9 weekends and holidays.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
My kettle.  Lets me get my first pot of tea without having to light
the gas burners while half-asleep.

11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
Bigotry, meanness, rampant selfishness, dangerous or reckless
drivers.  People who think it's ok to market anything to anyone if it
will make them money.  And right now, illegal fireworks.  Our dog has
been in a nervous state for weeks.  Ok, the last one doesn't make me
*really* angry, but annoyed.

12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Not sure - I'd like to play guitar if I got a voice like Eva
Cassidy's to go along with it.

13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?
Can't choose really.  Love blue, black for clothes (the better to
show off the dog hairs), dark rusty red, almost any of the colours
the sea is.

14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Nah.  I like dependable, safe and and not petrol guzzling.

15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?
Yes.  No rigid views on what it'll like or who will be where though.

16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?
Howl, Fire and Hemlock, The Perilous Gard, Elizabeth Enright's
Melandy family books, Anne of Green Gables (first three), The Hobbit.
Lots more no doubt.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
Autumn probably.  But I like Winter except for the cold and the damp,
if that makes sense.

18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
All of them? Cleaning the refrigerator, cleaning the bathtub,
especially the drain, washing floors.

19.   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I'll go with the most popular here - teleportation.  Anything else
gets squidgy when I think about it too much, otherwise I'd really
love to be a Healer.

20. DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?
No.

21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
No.

22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?
My dad.  He died when I was 7, so I remember him, but I'd really,
really love to discuss books with him.  Reading what he wrote about
Jane Austen frex just isn't the same as talking about her!

23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?
Haven't got one favourite - Saturdays often, really wild windy days
when there's nowhere I have to go in particular, Christmas, St.
Stephen's Day (Boxing day to Brits, day after Christmas to most
others) and the day my course books arrive for a NEW course is always
really exciting (they look far less appealing when it's time to start
revision).

24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!
Heh.  One small box of things I decided weren't good enough to take
to the fete (last May) and have never got to a bin, one empty (as of
yesterday when I finally took the last of them to Oxfam!) box of
books which didn't sell at the same fete and which I had to rescue
from the skip, a pair of gloves, a box of tissues  and many pine
needles from bringing the dead Christmas trees down for recycling in
years past.

25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Neither's really my cup of tea.  Though I did make really nice
veggiburgers tonight - new recipe.

26.  OF THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Coming in so late, almost everything I'm saying has already been said
by someone, so no one ...

27. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Is the purpose of this question to see who thinks they're psychic?
Can't really see any other one myself.  Of course, it could be to
encourage everyone who's said to be least likely to respond to do so!

28.  DO YOU HAVE PETS?
Yup.  One slightly neurotic rescue dog - collie and mystery mix,
named Bell.  (From Countess Belvane, of _Once on a Time_ fame).  Best
watchdog ever - I feel particularly safe from invading post.

29.  IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY OTHER PET, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I'd love more dogs, so I wouldn't get the guilt trip every time I
went out - she does an amazing guilt trip.  But one(s) that could be
trained to use a dog toilet when I invent one would be nice - our
back garden is miniscule.  I know -  someone's bound to say that
that's a cat!  :-)

Hallie.