dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #505

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 25 12:48:51 EDT 2002

Hullo, lurking reader surfacing here to be surveyed.  I am glad the question
of plus fours has been asked and answered: it was very satisfying.
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
          err on a mountain somewhere
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
      yoga leggings
3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES
      bemused to have developed arm muscles and definition due to
aforementioned yoga - so I guess that wins for now.
4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
	Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within. It was a replacement, having lost the
previous copy.
5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?
	 Curled up reading in a blanket with tea and purring cats. Libraries.
6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?
       Anywhere before 10 a.m.  Anywhere in bad company.
7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
        Scalp
8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?
     Stronger in mind, anyway.
9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
       7:15 - 7:45. It's a process.
10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
          dishwasher
11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
       Exclusion, deceit and manipulation.  Also, loyalty to institutions
and dogmas trumping sense and curiosity.
12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
        harp or sitar
13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?
        cobalt/indigo hues of blue
14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
        my sensible efficient Honda Civic, until something more sensible and
efficient comes along
15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?
        yes.  I would even quibble with the 'after' term.  Probably a brutal
paraphrase from befogged memory of Bhagavad Gita -- We are a seen between
two unseens.
16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?
        All appropriate DWJs

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
      spring and fall. Can't choose.
18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
        measured by relative degree of procrastination - must be cleaning
the toilets
19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
      Weather making. Although, I think the responsibility would probably be
too much for me. So I think I would like to go in for it in a small way - a
small fog here, a spot of gentle rain there, a breeze or two just where it
is needed.
20 DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?
       No. I used to think I was a person who *could* get a tattoo, but I
discovered I am actually a person who could not.
21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
        No
22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?
        Actually no. Nothing against them or me, but nothing really unsaid
that could or should have been, either.
23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?
        Any free day with nothing planned and no obligations
24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!
        I'm not sure, but it isn't properly bolted down, whatever it is.
25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
        Sushi. California rolls, pickled plum paste rolls, avocado rolls and
agedoshi tofu, although that last probably doesn't count as sushi.  Also,
I've never yet encountered green tea ice cream at a hamburger place.

Elise