If you're really bored...

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 08:02:50 EDT 2002

Jennifer, quoting Kathleen:

>> "Secret" doors between master bedroom and storage closet and between
>> bedrooms
>
> Ooh yes... a house with interesting bits. Not yer modern four square rooms
> plunked on top of four square rooms, but closets, crannies, corners,
> cellars, creaky stairs, corridors which can take you in a circle round the
> house. Also a larder and a linen cupboard and a loft.
> (Wipes drool off keyboard)

We've added another question, haven't we.

1A.  WHAT SORT OF HOUSE WOULD YOU BUILD THERE?

I agree.  Large and rambling, with lots of interesting bits, including
everything J and K said.

I would add, though:

Built into the side of a hill, with an entrance at ground level on each of its
three (or even four) floors.  Plenty of underground bits, some lit by light
tubes from the surface, others quite dark.  It must have a stream nearby to
generate electricity, and probably provide drinking water.  Washing water,
anyway.  Any exposed roof must be covered in solar panels for more electricity
and for water heating.  In the winter, heating is by wood-burning stove, of
course.

I ought to include a kitchen garden, for food, but I really _hate_ gardening.  I
do so little of it that I didn't even think of it when the questionnaire asked
about household chores.  So I'll put in a kitchen garden, and then neglect it
:-)

Philip.

PS can I find an enchanter to put a misdirection spell on parts of the garden,
like at Chrestomanci Castle?

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970