If you're really bored...

Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Oct 25 06:12:55 EDT 2002

I'm bored too ...

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
New England (Australia) or North Maleny. The house would be a farm house
like the one a family friend's grandmother owned: large, dark and cool
inside with high ceilings and large rooms. Old lino on concrete floors, cold
underfoot. Old carpet in other rooms. Big kitchen, girl's room with frilly
doileys and a slide into the laundry, boys room with coloured glass windows
and tall, sagging beds and steps out into the wilderness of a garden.
"Secret" doors between master bedroom and storage closet and between
bedrooms (in the shelf at the top off tall cupboards). Old fashioned
sunroom. Tangled garden: grape vines and cherry tomatoes, lilies, fragile
poppies, old trees, dogs at the door, chooks in the yard. But it would be in
a cooler climate and have a long drive lined with jacarandahs and trees
which have yellow flowers that fall down at the same time as the purple snow
of jacarandahs. Sorry this is so long, but it was a most wonderful house.

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Flowing black peasant blouse. My pale green and cream renaissance-style
costume which is based on an Ever After dress, designed by me (and fixed by
my mother).

3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES
Wrists - narrowest part that isn't an extremity

4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
Shrek, I think. LotR was a gift. Next that I will buy: Gypsy Caravan (just
discovered Hungarian gypsy music).

5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?
Under the old gum trees along the creek-bed behind the house dam when the
sun is setting and the dry grass is silver and gold. But I can't be there
anymore.
Araluen in a half-built house on an island in a little river, sleeping in a
matress on the floor and splashing in the icy water.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?
Roma Street Transit Centre.

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
Shoulders.

8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?
Stronger in mind. But I bought a new bicycle today!

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
Ideally, six. When I want to walk with a friend, 5. Unsupervised, 8.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Our old wood stove.

11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
Blind prejudice.

12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Hmmm. Already learning bagpipes. Classical guitar.

13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?
Cranberry.

14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Of the two, SUV. My sister and her friends decided I would probably end up
driving a jeep. I'm after a station wagon (room).

15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?
Yes. I am a Christian.

16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?
Chronicles of Prydain, The Horse and his Boy, The Ordinary Princess, Farmer
Giles of Ham, The Homeward Bounders, The Enchanted Castle.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
Autumn. Spring.

18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
Actually, once I get started I enjoy most! Except laundry. Really don't like
doing laundry.

19. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Flight.

20. DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?
No. If I did (which I won't) I think it would be a chi-ro somewhere on my
back. Or something elegant, stylised and allegorical (we were talking about
this today).

21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
No. But I can sew my fingers together. Should have been a mime artist.

22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?
>From my past? Don't know. They're mostly still alive.

23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?
Thursday. I just like the sound of it. Boxing day!

24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!
When I have a car (stationwagon): bed, suitcases, souvenirs from trip around
country.

25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Sushi. But now and then I get a craving for a quarter pounder (with extra
pickles). Unless I'm at home and my mother makes hamburgers which are
inimitable.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if
nothing had happened.
- W. Churchill
Kathleen Jennings
s368333 at student.uq.edu.au