If you're really bored...

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Oct 24 11:47:14 EDT 2002

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
I don't think I'd actually *build* a house--my dream house is a Victorian
(with a tower and windowseats), and they don't make them like they used
to. Somewhere in New England, though, because I like it, and I'm quite
fond of the Greater Boston area. It's why I live here. But definitely in
the suburbs.

2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Probably a tie between my boots (black, slightly shorter than mid-calf,
warm, and can be worn with both casual and dressy clothing) and my black
leather jacket, which is still new to me and has a zip-out lining and
interior pockets.

3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES
Eyebrows and collarbones.

4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
Hrm. I think it was the soundtrack to the Buffy musical "Once More, With
Feeling," and *completely* worth it.

5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?
Home, particularly in the kitchen or den; house museums; castles. Anywhere
there's good architecture.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?
Somewhere with far too many people for the space; at the moment I'm kind
of not fond of the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City.

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
Neck/shoulders.

8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?
Getting stronger in both, I think. Growing up and going to college helped
with the mind part; going to the gym is helping with the body part. :^)

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
6 on MWF (gym days); between 7 and 10 on other days, usually. I'm a
morning person when I'm not over-tired.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Either the food processor or this really useful semicircular little
strainer that fits over the edge of pots and bowls so I can drain grains
without losing some down the drain.

11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
People with vehemently stupid views who won't listen to other
opinions; unnecessary meanness in any form.

12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Guitar or drums, maybe. Or I'd go back to viola (I played for 11 years,
but stopped when I was 16).

13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?
To wear? blue, black, or grey. To look at? purple.

14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?
Yes (thank you Widdy), sport utility vehicles tend to be huge,
gas-guzzling vehicles with high clearance and four-wheel drive for all
those suburban people who never go off-road. SUVs are one of my great
hates. I have friends who live miles from the nearest paved road, and of
course I don't berate them for having SUVs; but the majority of SUVs just
suck up gas driving kids from activity to activity, and while they may be
safer than a lot of cars, they also crush little cars, which is not a good
trade in my opinion.

Um, sorry about that rant. My preferred car is a Volvo station wagon,
because they're good, they're safe, and they last a long time. If only
they came in purple in this country...

15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?
Not the traditional kind, I don't think. But it's not a firm no; I think
I'm more inclined to believe in reincarnation.

16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?
I think pretty much all my favorite books *are* children's books. Hexwood,
The Perilous Gard, Playing Beatie Bow, to name three.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
I like pretty much anything except the hot part of summer, but I'm
probably fondest of those crisp autumn days when the sky is blue and the
leaves are orange, there's a bit of smoke in the air, and a scarf and a
jacket are necessary but not a hat.

18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
Cleaning the refrigerator. Ew. Of course, I've only done it once, but
that's presumably why it was so gross.

19.   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Teleportation. Of me, I mean. Cutting down on travel time would be
wonderful.

20. DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?
Yup. I got it just about a year ago, it's on the left side of the small of
my back, and it's a drawing I did
myself: http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/01/kyla/smbw.jpg

21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
No. I've always really wanted to be able to do contact juggling, what
Michael Moschen does (the crystal ball thing in Labyrinth that the Goblin
King did was actually Michael Moschen)--a few of my sister's friends can
do it, and it looks really, really cool.

22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?
Maybe my great-grandmother, who died when I had just started walking. I
don't remember her at all, but my sister does.

23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?
Hm. I think they all have good bits, and I don't even hate any day
(although, of course, Monday used to be a non-favorite of mine).

24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!
My family has two cars and we each drive both of them some of the time,
but--an old sheet or towel, lots of bags, either plastic or cloth, for
putting groceries in, a snow brush/ice scraper, an umbrella, tissues.

25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Mmm. Sushi.

26.  OF THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I've always disliked this kind of question. Someone who was planning to
respond anyway.

27. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Arg. Someone who hates doing surveys or has too little time.

28.  DO YOU HAVE PETS?
No. No pets for me. My mom's a dog person, my dad's a cat person, and
pretty much everyone's allergic.

29.  IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY OTHER PET, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I really liked Sallyo's answer of "A unicorn with a retractable horn." But
there's no place to keep it. Really, I'd like a cat, but I don't know how
allergic I am, if it takes more than a few weeks for me to start getting
nosebleeds (not so much fun).