If you're really bored...

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 21:50:30 EDT 2002

>      1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE
> WOULD IT BE?

There is a place about 50km north of where I live with
the Ocean on one side and a lake on the other,
seperated by only a 100 metre strip of land.
Thankfully it is National Park, but if I could live
anywhere I think a house with views in both directions
(sunrises and setsets over water!!) would be hard to
beat. If anyone here has seen the movie "Under the
lighthouse dancing" that house wasn't bad either. It
was on Rotnest Island, WA, but I think built specially
for the film.

>      2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
Hmm, not much into clothing, but many years ago, in my
student days, I had this pair of jeans which literally
had patches on patches on patches on patches. When I
finally discarded them they had over 50 patches, and
then a clothing outlet ran a competition for the most
patched pair of jeans - what bad timing!

>      3. FAVOURITE PHYSICAL FEATURES

By process of elimination anything but my stomach (far
too large) or my eyes (which are very shortsighted)

>      4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

A really bad compliation of '60s hits that seemed a
good idea at the time (at least it was cheap) and
Wagners "Flying Dutchman" (also very cheap but a much
better buy)

>     5. WHERE ARE YOUR FAVOURITE PLACES TO BE?

Bookshops and libraries (as I work in the latter I'm
pretty lucky)

>      6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE?

dentists, hospitals (whether I'm a patient or someone
else is)

>     7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

In bed

>     8.  STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG BODY?

Certainly not body, not sure about mind either

>     9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

Too early - around 5AM at the moment, which is when it
gets light, Daylight saving starts next weekend then
it will 6 AM, a far more civilized hour.

>     10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

I like them all - I love cooking, but the dishwasher
is the best of all.

>     11.  WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Intolerance

>     12. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD
> IT BE?

I'd conduct (or if that's not allowed Violin, one of
my daughters plays quite well)

>     13. FAVOURITE COLOUR?

Green

>     14. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV?

Pushbike or train, I don't drive

>     15. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE?

No

>     16. FAVOURITE CHILDREN'S BOOK(S)?

The Alice books, Winnie the Pooh, Snugglepot and
Cuddlepie (one I'm sure all Aussies, but no one else
will know) and the Hobbit (no DWJ as I didn't read
them as a child - in fact the weren't written when I
was a child)

>     17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEASON?
 The bits on either side of winter, late spring and
early autumn.

>     18. WHAT'S YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Last weekend I had to clean out our envirocycle tank
(this is a sewage recycling system)

>     19.   IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT
> WOULD IT BE?

Omnipotence should take care of it, or if were are
being a bit more limited one of those super speed
reading and remembering everything read ones.

>     20 DO YOU HAVE A TATTOO?

No way, I'm not at all into body decorations like tats
or piercings, I have enough trouble with dentists.

>     21. CAN YOU JUGGLE?

A friend of mine has a theory that for everyone who is
ambidextrous there is someone who is ambisinisterous -
I'm one of those - i have trouble with just one ball.

>     22. THE ONE PERSON FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU
> COULD GO BACK & TALK TO?

Either my father or my father-in-law. Perhaps that
latter as I'd end up fighting with my father and I'd
really regret that. My father-in-law who died aged 93
a few years ago had led the most amazing life. He was
born in India in the the era of the Raj, joined the
Royal Air Force as a cadet just before the end of
world war one, was in plane crashes in mesopotamia in
the 1920s, and Scotland Yard in the 1930s, survived
several ships being sunk under him in world war 2 and
went on in the post war era to be largely responible
for Qantas's perfect safety record. But he never
talked about any of it.

>     23. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE DAY?

Payday, and the first day of school holidays

>     24. WHAT'S IN YOUR CAR TRUNK? BOOT!

I don't drive, but my wife's car has a number of
artworks (ceramic scupltures) which is returning to
their creators today. She had to collect them after an
exhibition they were all in. An example of her work is
here http://www.ceramicartaward.org/id22.htm if anyone
is interested (Caroline Hale)

>     25. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?

Hamburgers, I love hamburgers, If the choice were
Pizza or Sushi though, I'd go for Sushi

>     26.  OF THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S
> MOST  LIKELY TO RESPOND?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

>      27. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
>
> as above

Jon Noble - who is having a slow day supervising the
kids who can't do sport.