where we're from

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Oct 10 20:42:46 EDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, deborah wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, M Elizabeth Parks wrote:
>
> |I know where Amherst is!!!  Whee I feel connected!
> |
> |Born in Pittsburgh, lived most of my life in the DC area, and currently at
> |school in South Hadley, MA--near Springfield.  I know Amherst quite well
> |indeed.
> |
> |oh--right--and the whole year abroad in Scotland.  So I'm from the south,
> |educated in the north, and, um, finished abroad?
>
> Pittsburgh is the South?
No, I think she meant DC is in the south, which is part of the reason it's
there, anyway. Pittsburgh is not the south. It is simply evil,
though. (I'm not usually this judgmental, but there was one evening I
spent in Pittsburgh going over a single bridge five times in the space of
an hour. It was not fun.)

And, hey, since I'm sending a message anyway...

born in Boston, Massachusetts, and lived my whole life (not counting four
years of collage near Philadelphia) in this same house in the suburbs of
Boston.