Where we're from

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 18:32:18 EDT 2002

--- Gross Family <argross at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Interesting how the appellation changes:
> Melbournian, Sydneysider,
> Brisbanite (or is it Brisbanian?) Taswegian (is that
> right, Sally, or am I
> imagining things?), and I'm not at all sure for
> Adelaide or Perth.
>
> Ros

South Australians (in general) are crow eaters and
Western Australians are sand gropers. By the same
token Queenslanders are banana benders. The state
nicknames for Victoria and NSW are all but forgotten
(Cabbage patchers and walers respectively). As for
cities, surely a woman from Adelaide has to be an
Adelady. :-), and maybe someone from Perth is a
Perthon. I think I'd better stop now.

Jon Noble