Where we're from

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Oct 6 23:28:14 EDT 2002

And here's a New Zealander from Auckland - and not the only one, I
believe...
Born in Fiji - what is called a Kai Viti (which means literally that) but
not a Fijian (a name reserved for the indigenous population). Possibly what
Angela Brazil would have called a Feejee Islander.
I have been living in Auckland since I came over here to boarding school at
12 (a lo-o-o-ong time ago), and no longer have a Fiji passport.
But I still cheer for Fiji.
Regards
Elizabeth.