I Ate'nt Dead -- or That Which Does Not Kill Us Makes UsStron ger

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 05:39:44 EDT 2002

Ven wrote:
> That's a very interesting point. The idea that
> being a hero means not caring how silly you look
> turns up in Power's Last Call also, when the hero
> has to play poker in drag, very bad drag. I agree
> that Thurless shows the flip side but I'm not so
> sure about Maree. The witchy dance is effective
> against the Thornlady so it is neccessary. Mind
> you Maree really doesn't seem to care how
> embarrassing it is, that's left to Nick.

When they start doing the dance she's feeling desperate and doesn't care how
it looks, but when Rupert turns up and gives her the money doesn't she get
embarrassed? (And gets cross at Nick for pretending it was all his mad
cousin's idea). I suppose by then it's already worked.
Jennifer
--
If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.