Book discussion - Spellcoats

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 18:07:20 EST 2002

I'd always pictured the world of Spellcoats as
"pre-historic" - ie bronze or iron age, on a par
perhaps with the pre-Roman Celts. Perhaps because of a
feel of it as being a "beginning" rather than a
"middle" culture. to me for a world to feel medieval
without being modelled directly on medieval Europe it
has to be a "middle" culture, a world that looks back
to a previous golden age, this is present in LOTR, and
in Robert Jordan's wheel of time series, and many
others but I don't remember it from Spellcoats (which
I must confess to last reading almost 20 years ago).

Jon Noble
who is currently recovering from nearly loosing his
house in a bushfire yesterday.

--- "Rowland, Jennifer A B"