Poem (was Re: recommendations wanted)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Nov 15 11:43:09 EST 2002

There's also Judith Viorst's brilliant retelling of Cinderella: "... And
Then the Prince Knelt Down and Tried to Put the Glass Slipper on
Cinderella's Foot"

I really didn't notice that he had a funny nose.
And he certainly looked better all dressed up in fancy clothes.
He's not nearly as attractive as he seemed the other night.
So I think I'll just pretend that this glass slipper feels too tight.

(Quoted from Don't Bet on the Prince, Jack Zipes, published by Methuen
in 1987)

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
I'm not a roman, mum, and I never will be. I'm a kike, a yid, a
heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher, mum. I'm a red sea pedestrian, and