recommendations wanted

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 07:25:27 EST 2002

> I would really like to include a *good*, feminist or
> at least by a woman, fantasy story. I am looking for suggestions.

There's a story by Robin McKinley- I think it's in The Knot in the Grain
collection, - called The Healer, about a mute girl who gets a voice.
(Apparently the new collection she has with Peter Dickinson- is it called
Water?- is good but I haven't read it yet).
Ursula Le Guin is a feminist and does good short stories, but I haven't read
any for a bit, the only ones that are springing to mind are sf rather than
fantasy.
Sadly I think Margaret Mahy's only short stories are for children.
Jennifer