(OT Announcement) Writer's Con ;)

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Nov 14 16:57:34 EST 2002

This weekend, a group on my campus is hosting a Writer's Conference to
mark the twentieth anniversary of the group (Bellatrix).  We're having
several guests and several events.  The lovely lovely Deborah has given me
permission to advertise a little, so I'm posting in some info at the
bottom, but I wanted to invite anyone who lives in the
Massachusetts/Conneticut/New York area to hop on over to Mount Holyoke
College and be part of this.  I'd also appreciate it if anyone has any
questions for the guests (Jane Yolen, Hal Clement, Natalie Bann, possibly
Susan Shwartz) (Josepha Sherman just cancelled because she's sick; I'm
v. sad about this because I LOVE JOSEPHA SHERMAN) about the topics, or in
general--I can relay answers to any of you who want them, too ;).  Or
suggestions.  We're probably more open to suggestions at this point (two
days before the event) than we should be ;)

so!

join b*e*l*l*a*t*r*i*x and
Jane Yolen, Hal Clement, Susan Shwartz, Josepha Sherman, and Natalie Baan
For Writer's Con 2002.

Saturday, November 16

10:00-11:30a.m.-join a panel on folklore New York Room.
10:00-11:30a.m.-join a panel on Science and Fiction and Fiction
vs. Realism in Skinner 202.

1:00-2:00p.m..-join a discussion on children's literature with the entire
panel in the New York Room.

2:00-3:00p.m.-our esteemed panel will be answering questions about writing
and publishing in the New York room.

8 p.m.-science fiction/fantasy movie discussion and marathon in Dwight
101.

Sunday, November 17

10:00a.m.-12:15p.m.-there will be a panel discussing Fandom followed by a
slide show presentation about science fiction by Hal Clement in the New
York Room.
* All events at Mount Holyoke College*