recommendations wanted

Rosie Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 06:03:46 EST 2002

 --- Robyn Starkey <rohina at shaw.ca> wrote: > Hi All

> I have just found out I am teaching a high school catch up course
> next
> semester. One of the requirements is a selection of short stories of
> my
> choice. I would really like to include a *good*, feminist or at least
> by a
> woman, fantasy story. I am looking for suggestions. I have in mind
> that one
> about the women who forge swords and quench them in blood. Is it by
> Jane
> Yolen? But I am keen to consider suggestions.

Would any of the ones in "Dragons and Warrior Daughters" (ed. Jessica
Yates) be any good? Only I can't remember the titles and the book's at
home! There's one about a girl called Tansy who shows a hero how to
kill a dragon, and one about a dumb healer. They're probably in other
collections too, so if you think they might be any good and you don't
have the book, let me know and I will check the titles.

Rosie