recommendations wanted

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Nov 13 20:51:01 EST 2002

That's Jane Yolen: the book is Sister Light, Sister Dark, and it's a
novel but you can pull shorts out of it.

But why not something by DWJ?  ;)  Dragon Reserve, for example.  (Megan
Whelan Turner has a great story called "Instead of Three Wishes".)

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
I don't suppose that I have ever been so happy.  No; was it happiness?
Something wider and darker, more like knowledge, more like the night: joy.

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Robyn Starkey wrote:

|Hi All
|
|I have just found out I am teaching a high school catch up course next
|semester. One of the requirements is a selection of short stories of my
|choice. I would really like to include a *good*, feminist or at least by a
|woman, fantasy story. I am looking for suggestions. I have in mind that one
|about the women who forge swords and quench them in blood. Is it by Jane
|Yolen? But I am keen to consider suggestions.
|
|Robyn

|--