Golden Fool was Re Robin Hobb

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 21:31:08 EST 2002

Robyn said (I just typed Robyn Hobb said.....)

I just thought I would share a whine. I've been
hanging out for her latest
book (Golden Fool) for ages. It was supposed to
be out in Australia and the
UK last month but they had printing problems - a
missing chapter or
something. Anyway, now I find out that the North
American publication is
January. Which seems bizarre to me, because she
supposedly lives in North
America. I'm contemplating getting someone to buy

me a copy in Aus, because
the cover is so much better. Is anyone else
waiting impatiently?

Um, no, I read it last week. My wonderful friend
Sarah got it from a book club and let me have it
first because I read faster! Now that's true
friendship! As far as I know it was only the Oz
books that were snafued. Apparently chapter 17
was missing. It's titled fathers and concerns
just about every major character in the book so a
major blunder.

It's worth waiting for. I did find the first
hundred or so pages a bit slow but I think that
was because I only read Fool's Errand a couple of
months ago (Sarah had just joined that book
club). That was long enough to have forgotten
some detail and fail to pick upon nuances but not
so long ago to have the pleasure of "it all
coming back to me" because I hadn't forgotten
enough. Mmm there isn't much one can say that
isn't spoilerish so it will have to wait.

=====
Ven