Advert for something relevant that makes me happy

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 15:57:44 EST 2002

The librarian in me means that my non-fiction books
(about 4,000 - a very eclectic mix) are shelved in
Dewey decimal order, while fiction are simply shelved
by author (but listed by genre in the computer). These
are on industrial metal shelving floor to ceiling (in
a room with a 3m ceiling) and shelved 3 deep.
Children's fiction is seperate - mostly still in boxes
from when we moved here 10 years ago as there are just
not enough shelves for it. Most of the books are in
what we call our basement - a room under the house
that also serves as my wife's studio - but as it is 6
metres above the ground at the book end it is a
strange basement. One day I may even get around to
building another room underneath it. There are also
books in both girl's bedrooms, and there a couple of
bookcases in the house with current reading books,
some often consulted books such as bird and plant
identification books and cookbooks. My wife and one
daughter complain about the number of books "I" have
but my wife buys at least as many as i do. The other
daughter has just "bagsed" them all when I die.

Jon Noble