Advert for something relevant that makes me happy

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Nov 8 09:41:49 EST 2002

On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 05:26  AM, Sally Odgers wrote:

>> So what I want to know is, for those of you who think this way, how
>> do you
>> classify or sort your books by subject?
>
> I classify my books in two databases - alphabetically by author and
> alphabetically by title. I shelve them in author order except for DWJ,
> Monica Edwards and Barbara Michaels and a couple of other stray
> favourites,
> which live in a special book case where I can grab them quickly.
>
> Sallyo.

Since we moved I haven't had the chance to organize my books properly
and, because of lack of bookshelves, 1/3 of them are in storage :-(.

I do have my "favourite authors" shelf up in my bedroom though with all
my Timothy Findley, Ursula K. Le Guin, Guy Gavriel Kay, and DWJ all in
one place (with a few single books like, Forester's "Maurice", Gaiman
and Pratchett's "Good Omens", and Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird".
Basically this shelf is my "you can have these books when you pry them
from my cold, dead hands" books.

widdy (who's recently had an upswing in his mould allergy which has
severely curtailed his ability to spend longer than 5 minutes in a used
book store and still remain able to breathe! :-) )
-----
We don’t need lists of rights and wrongs, tables of do’s and don’ts: we
need books, time, and silence.  "Thou shalt not" is soon forgotten, but
"Once upon a time" lasts forever.
       Philip Pullman
-----
Ian W. Riddell