Advert for something relevant that makes me happy

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Fri Nov 8 00:34:46 EST 2002

---Original Message From: Jon Noble

> I have all my books (9,000 or so) catalogued in
> Microsoft Excel which is by no means perfect. I tried
> setting up something in Access but it seemed a lot of
> bother. I notice that the microsoft site has a
> template for a book catalog in Access at
> http://search.officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery/ct155.asp
> which is certainly not as good as the program you have
> downloaded, but is free if you already have Access (something
> all NSW teachers do).

One reason I liked BookCAT is that the database is Access (I'd wager
they'll move to MSDE in a future version).  That makes it easy to
manipulate (um, if you have experience with Access).

Jacob Proffitt