Superman turning back time

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Fri Nov 1 16:20:36 EST 2002

Well, you have a good point there.... I guess for me, as a viewer I can
suspend disbelief for those attributes explained by his belonging to a
different planet (his body being so much stronger and faster etc.), even
though scientifically that's not really how such attributes would
manifest themselves (even though there was stronger gravity on the home
planet, this would not allow him to fly on our planet of course).  But I
was bumped out of the story--unable to continue to suspend
disbelief--when it came to this element, which is not explainable in any
way within the framework of the narrative.

If the story had included some kind of information about how people from
Krypton had learned to manipulate time and this knowledge had clearly
been passed to superman at some point in the movie, then I would have not
had a problem with it.

It reminds me of the second Indiana Jones movie.  There are of course,
ridiculous stunts in all of the movies.  But in the second one, right at
the beginning, there is one so ridiculous that I was bumped right out of
the story and just couldn't get back in.

Jackie S.