superpowers

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 06:04:28 EST 2002

Jennifer, quoting Kathleen:

>> What would this superpower be called? "Power of life and death" sounds
>> overly melodramatic and "power over the functioning of
>> organisms" sounds
>> bad. I've been trying to work this out for an idea for some
>> time now. Does
>> anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I've read something that uses this as an idea. Anti-healers can touch you
> and break all the bloodvessels in the skin to leave a bloody handprint, etc.
> Was it called power of the flesh, perhaps?
> How about corpory? (Latin corporeus, of the body, anglicised. I don't know
> what the Greek version would be).

I must admit I can't think of any obvious words for this power.  The nearest I
can come is physiomancy, but I think the -mancy suffix is the wrong sort of
power.  (Usually associated with divination, but I'm not sure how strict that
is.)

Anybody suggest any other physio- words that might be suitable?

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970