Great moments

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Thu May 30 14:45:59 EDT 2002

Jamie Hamilton going down into Prometheus's valley in Homeward Bounders.

Really, HB is full of great moments: The oomera woomera world, the
discovery via the photo on the mantel... it's a very vivid kind of
book.

On reflection, maybe this is my problem with the ending of Fire &
Hemlock: I want it to be a great moment, but something about the
whole thing, from the moment Polly arrives at the train station
through their arrival back in the rose bush, has a sort of sickly
vague scent to it. It's appropriate to the situation, but it still
makes the moment less vivid than, for example, HB.

Nat