Terry Pratchett stuff (was Re: (No Subject) !!!)

Wed May 29 18:27:13 EDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002 18:41:42 +0100, Jendle wrote:

>> "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are
>> a sure sign
>> of a diseased mind."
>>
>> That's from Eric.
>>
>> But I think there's a similar one in Masquerade (sp).
>> "Ahahaha!!! AHAHAHA!!!!!"
>
>I seem to remember something involving supermarket trolleys and special
>offers, which sounds to me like Reaper Man too.  Not that I can quote
>anything - that would involve going and actually *looking* for the book ;o)

Or...you could log on to the Annotated Pratchett File!!!  (heh)

http://www.co.uk.lspace.org/books/apf/index.html

I was actually thinking of Maskerade, but it's a recurring theme in several
books.  There's a woman on another list I'm on who does not appear to have
anything but exclamation marks in her punctuation box.  She doesn't *seem*
deranged in person, but one never can tell....

The Annotated file is good for many hours of time wastage, especially after
you've just read one of the books.

Melissa Proffitt