(No Subject)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue May 28 11:07:04 EDT 2002

>>This is a question that often gets asked, but I'm surprised (and rather
>>embarrassed) that all my list friends have been ignoring you. :-(
>
> I think a number of people couldn't read her message, due to the various
> attachments it came with.  To many people, it came across as garbled.  So I
> wouldn't assume we're all just ignoring the new girl, Philip.  :)

Oh, Melissa, I hope I haven't offended you ;-)

I'm not in the least surprised that a few people couldn't read Heather's
message, or that those people ignored it.  What I said was that I was surprised
that _everyone_ ignored it.

> (And, as it happens, I am one of those people who reads email in plain text.
> My email reader--while exceptional in many respects--doesn't handle HTML and
> displays HTML-only messages as a little box that I have to manually open to
> read.  Fortunately, I don't get many of these.)

Me to.  I get a blank message with an attachment called att.html.  And I've no
intention of changing [*] - unless they're from someone I know, I don't even
open such messages for fear of viruses.

(If they are from someone I do know, that person gets a rude reply, because they
ought to know better!)

But in Heather's case I got the text of the message, plus the three attachments,
so I assumed that even people with text-only e-mail would have seen the text
itself.

Philip.

[*] OTOH I read my e-mail at work.  So I may get another mail program forced
upon me before long...

PS Heather - Don't take this personally.  This sort of banter just happens on
the list, from time to time.  It's not directed at anyone in particular.  And
it's _a lot_ friendlier than on most lists I've seen.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970