(No Subject)

Tue May 28 10:49:40 EDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002 11:46:59 +0100, Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:

>Last week sometime, Heather wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone I just joined and I was wondering what everyone's favorite
>> dianawynnjones book is. ok
>
>Hi, Heather.  Welcome to the list (rather belatedly).
>
>This is a question that often gets asked, but I'm surprised (and rather
>embarrassed) that all my list friends have been ignoring you. :-(

I think a number of people couldn't read her message, due to the various
attachments it came with.  To many people, it came across as garbled.  So I
wouldn't assume we're all just ignoring the new girl, Philip.  :)

(And, as it happens, I am one of those people who reads email in plain text.
My email reader--while exceptional in many respects--doesn't handle HTML and
displays HTML-only messages as a little box that I have to manually open to
read.  Fortunately, I don't get many of these.)

Heather, I don't have a favorite any more.  It depends on what mood I'm in.
But usually, I say _Archer's Goon_.  This one is so tidy and perfect, plus I
find myself using examples from it frequently in real life.  And then I
think, "no, _Hexwood_ is my favorite--or _Fire and Hemlock_--possibly _Time
of the Ghost_..." and it just keeps going from there.

Usually I group her books into Most Favorite and Less Favorite, because I
like all of them, but some of them weren't as personally important to me.
It saves me having to figure out my absolute favorite.

Melissa Proffitt