Buffy so far OT you need a radio telescope

Tue May 28 10:39:19 EDT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002 10:21:26 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:

>On Wed, 22 May 2002, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>|We saw the Buffy season 6 finale last night.
>|
>|I can't talk.  I'm too blown away.  And there's too much possibility for
>|spoilers.  But in the spoiler-free zone, it manages to:
>|
>|*drop a huge bombshell so you'll be so happy when season 7 comes along
>
>I called it! My sister told me no way, but I called it.  Yay.

I can't say that I called it, but I wasn't exactly *surprised* the way I was
when a Certain Someone showed up earlier in the episode.  (Jacob predicted
THAT one.  I was screaming with excitement. :)  But I knew the ending was
going to go one of two ways, so I was more happy than shocked at which one
Joss chose.  Then we went back and re-watched all the pertinent parts from
the last three episodes (counting the finale as two) and realized that,
yeah, it's probably what the character involved wanted in the first place.
So...way cool.  (I *think* that is circumlocutory enough to avoid spoilers.)

>ObDwj:  No way would I have called it in a DWJ book.  Joss is
>great, but he's no DWJ.  She is *much* less predictable.

I think he's predictable in the sense that I can tell which possible
outcomes are necessary from the way the plot's going, but I can never decide
which one he will choose until it happens.  But DWJ...yeah.  That's one of
the things I like about her books.  I never have the sense of narrative
inevitability in reading her books...just about anything can happen, and it
will make sense.

Melissa Proffitt