(No Subject)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue May 28 06:46:59 EDT 2002

Last week sometime, Heather wrote:

> Hey everyone I just joined and I was wondering what everyone's favorite
> dianawynnjones book is. ok

Hi, Heather.  Welcome to the list (rather belatedly).

This is a question that often gets asked, but I'm surprised (and rather
embarrassed) that all my list friends have been ignoring you. :-(

My favourite is difficult to define, but:

Funniest DWJ:  Year of the Griffin, Sudden Wild Magic, Changeover.

Most Moving DWJ:  Hexwood, Deep Secret.

Neatest DWJ Plot:  Sudden Wild Magic, Deep Secret.

SWM and DS must be candidates, because they score in more than one category, and
for me, SWM is top.

Now, all the books on that list are ones that I first read within the last 10
years.  Before that, my favourite DWJ was Power of Three.

So, Heather, since you asked the question, perhaps you should give yours next.

Philip.

PS Heather - a small point of netiquette.  Your mail arrived in my inbox with
three attachments:  an HTML of the text, a GIF of a flashing envelope, and a
JPEG of a daisy.  These things are fine when you're sending to friends who you
know can read them, but on a mailing list, you have many people with many
different mail programs, operating systems and even display types.  (Yes, I have
a friend - not on this list - who reads his e-mail on a text only display)

Also, your three lines of text, when adorned with pictures, occupied over 15K of
file space.  I'm lucky enough not to have to pay for phone time during
downloading, but others aren't, and on a list, there's a good chance that
someone will be paying extra to download your pictures and things.  So it's a
good idea to restrict list traffic to text only if you possibly can.

prohibited.

Registered addresses:

Powergen UK plc, City Point, 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

Powergen Retail Limited,  Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG.
Registered in England and Wales No: 3407430

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax           +44 (0) 2476 42 5432