Darcy NOT D'Arcy mea culpa (was Re: "Star Wars" despots vs. "Star Trek" populists

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sat May 25 21:48:52 EDT 2002

My mistake here, I have just double checked all 5
books (including the two by Kurland)and Clute's
"Encyclopedia of Fantasy" and not an apostraphe in
sight. I have been relying on a an obviously failing
memory. I can't even put it down to too much Pride and
prejudice as he's a Darcy too. All I can is Very
sorry, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
BTW does anyone know offhand which entries in the
Encyclopedia of Fantasy DWJ wrote (without looking
through the whole thing)

Jon Noble

"To the older staff of Libris it seemed that the end
of the century was bringing with it the end of their
world as well. Under Highliber Zavora books were no
longer revered as the symbol of civilization's former
greatness and ikons of unobtainable power; they had
become mere tools for answering questions"  Sean
McMullen "Souls in the great machine"