Heroes

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat May 25 12:23:23 EDT 2002

<< OBDWJ, I've never been able to figure out her politics. Does she have a
consistent ideology? And an interesting twist of hers on the demi-god hero is
the ordinary person who gets wacky friends, goes on a quest/does great deeds,
*then* becomes a hero - and then has to sacrifice himself. I'm thinking
Homeward Bounders here. >>

Think Mitt Mittson too. He's a reissue to a considerable degree. Fortunately,
in Mitt's case you get the impression that despite the sacrifice he has
managed to have a few good times along the way. Which goves you a bit of hope
for Jamie Hamilton as well.