dianawynnejones.com changing

meredith meredith at leemac.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 22 18:06:52 EDT 2002

on 21/5/02 04:15 am, rohina at shaw.ca at rohina at shaw.ca wrote:

> Hi Meredith, I am not critical of you or your decision, but I am
> disgusted with the attitude of the publisher. What right do they have to
> be "insistent". And I do think, that since they want the name to get a
> financial advantage, it really is very wrong of them not to pay for it.

Well, I was annoyed with them to start with, but I've got over it now. The
thing is that I didn't have the time or energy to carry on long email
arguments with them about why I should keep the name, so, because they were
obviously quite willing to carry on the long blah blah blah for ever, in the
end I just gave in. I didn't lose any money, since I carried on with the
name until renewal time, and  let it lapse in their favour from then, so I
didn't want to take any blood money from them. HarperCollins do some
lovely-looking author websites ( eg http://www.lemonysnicket.com and
http://www.narnia.com )
but they don't have any fan stuff that I could see, so their new site will
at least complement our existing fan sites. We'll just have to wait and see
how good it is.

Cheers, Meredith