Derk as Mad Scientist / Chrestomanci as Parasite(was: Buffy)

Michelle Thomas michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tue May 21 11:55:09 EDT 2002

On 21/5/02 4:34 pm, "Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk"
<Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk> wrote:

>> Have you seen Gosford Park?  And the Edwardian Country House on Channel 4?
>
> No telly, I'm afraid.

Gosford Park is on at the cinema still I think.  (Well worth watching, not
for the mystery but for the witty script and fab acting.)

> BUT I think this is a reflection of working conditions in Edwardian times, and
> how they translated into domestic service, NOT something intrinsic to domestic
> service as a field of employment.  Domestic servants nowadays aren't treated
> like that at all.

A friend of mine who worked as a groom was treated more like an indentured
labourer than as an employee.  Luckily he was able to give it up and go to
university.

> (I fear I may be ranting.  Perhaps I'd better stop...)

Rant away!  A good part of my knowledge of conditions of service is based on
reading Georgette Heyer.

Michelle