Buffy as Homeric ODWJM

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue May 21 10:51:34 EDT 2002

> > > And does anyone else have a problem with the social setup in the
> > > Chrestomanci books?  If you are a powerful enchanter why do you need
> > > servants...
> >
> > He can't handle silver.. and I sort of think he needs people
> > around him to keep his humanity alive.
>
> So one of the things the  books says is that you need to make the best
> use of your talent - if you are an enchanter, it might be a waste of
> your power to use it washing the dishes.

I can't remember enough about how spells work in that world- would the
enchanter have to think about each household task every time in order to get
it done (which would take up the whole of her/his time and energy) or would
they be able to set up permanent cleaning spells? (Would that still take up
their energy to work?) Or put charms on objects not to get dirty?
Jennifer