Buffy as Homeric ODWJM

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed May 22 01:57:24 EDT 2002

> or is he a bit of a mad scientist?

Yep.

> And does anyone else have a problem with the social setup in the
> Chrestomanci books?  If you are a powerful enchanter why do you need
> servants...

He can't handle silver.. and I sort of think he needs people around him to
keep his humanity alive.

I've often had a problem with set-ups in other books though. And when my son
was 7 or so we were watching "Rapunzel" and he asked why the witch had to
climb Rapunzel's hair when other parts of the film showed her travelling by
cloak power?  He was right, of course. Then when we saw Rumpelstiltskin, he
asked me why the miller's daughter didn't take "a tablet".

"?" I said.

"A tablet. So she won't have any babies for him to take."

With a logical mind like that, is it any wonder he grew into a techo?

Sallyo.