Buffy as Homeric ODWJM

Michelle Thomas michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tue May 21 08:46:27 EDT 2002

Exactly - far from being a position of priviledge, being a slayer could be
seen as a burden - for Buffy more so than most, because she was found late
and so didn't get the kind of training that Kendra got.

thinking about 'with power comes responsibility', Derk is an interesting
case study.  Is it right for Derk to create all these weird hybrid animals,
just because he can?  or is he a bit of a mad scientist?

And does anyone else have a problem with the social setup in the
Chrestomanci books?  If you are a powerful enchanter why do you need
servants...

Michelle

  On 22/5/02 6:00 am, "Sally Odgers" <sodgers at tassie.net.au> wrote:

> Oops - forgot my ODWJM.  Slayerdom takes as much as it gives... just like
> being a Magrid in DS. Or a MIB.
>
> Oh, and there's the Rupert/Rupert connection; .
>
> Sallyo.
>
> --

Michelle Thomas
Account Handler
The Creative Partnership
michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
www.thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7439 7762
Fax: +44 (0)20 7494 1587
Mobile: +44 (0)7968 275173

authorised to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged
postmaster at thecreativepartnership.co.uk immediately and then delete this
email from your system. Any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The
Creative Partnership. The Creative Partnership has taken every reasonable
precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for
viruses. However, The Creative Partnership cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you
carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.