"Star Wars" despots vs. "Star Trek" populists

Michelle Thomas michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tue May 21 05:25:33 EDT 2002

On 20/5/02 5:02 pm, "jstallcup at juno.com" <jstallcup at juno.com> wrote:

> Your friend's message: Hi everyone-- Just came across this very interesting
> salon.com article about Star Wars.  Those of you who have been interested in
> the genre issues we have been discussing may also find this interesting. Obdwj
> ref:  we could discuss how his ideas apply to dwj.  (Or we could just get into
> a firefight over Star Wars, which I hope won't happen!) Jackie S.

Saw 'Attack of the Clones' last night - pretty much lived down to my
expectations.  But was more interested, reading Joseph Campbell's theories
in this article, in applying this archetype to Buffy The Vampire Slayer -
and wondered if anyone else on the list was a Buffy fan, before I get
started.

Michelle