Teaching Dark Lord

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue May 21 04:20:54 EDT 2002

> Have you read any Diana Gabaldon?  She gets classified as a romantic
writer...

No, I haven't (mainly because I write time travel romance myself), but a
"romantic writer" and a "romance writer" are two different creatures. You
get "romantic novels" which are halfway to mainstream, or "women's fiction"
or even "chick lit". Then you get "romance novels" which come in categories
such as "paranormals", "long contemporary", "short contemporary",
futuristics, wom-jeps, rom-sus etc and which are usually branded as sweet or
spicy/sexy. Then you get "single title" which are longer versions of
category, leaning a little way towards romantic novels...

Clear as mud, eh?

Sallyo.