Movies (was Re: Teaching Dark Lord)

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue May 21 03:46:36 EDT 2002

worst part of a film, it's
> probably not one person's fault the way it would be for >a novel.

Wanna bet? If you find a novel with some syntax fighting it out with the
rest, it's probably editorial meddling. I found a horrid grammatical clanger
in one of my recent chapter books. I rushed whimpering to my original,
convinced I couldn;t have been *that* stupid. I was right.

"He found Dolphin and me washing buttermilk off the silver."

"He found Dolphin and I washing buttermilk off the silver."

Aghhh!

> I like reading about the movie industry.  A lot.  I didn't >think I would,

I liked Richard E. Grant's "With Nails". Odd style, very - er- individual.
But fun.

Sallyo.