Teaching Dark Lord

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 19 20:08:56 EDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, jackie e stallcup wrote:

[> SallyO wrote:]

> > Speaking of which - does anyone else find it amusing when in a
> > sf movie characters confronted by dinosaurs say; "It's OK, it
> > won't hurt you.  This species is a vegetarian"?  Tell that to
> > hippos, elephants, zebra and horses, all of which can and will
> > hurt you at times and all of which are vegetarian!

> I HATED Jurassic Park (the movie), and this exact line was one of
> the many reasons why I thought it one of the stupidest, most
> overrated movies ever made.  That, and the fact that a kid is
> supposed to be able to cling to an electric fence designed to keep
> in dinosaurs, get blown off it with an electric charge, and
> survive without any ill effects.
>
> Who do they get to write such stupidity?????

In the case of Jurassic Park, it's probably impossible to tell at this
stage. It went through five or six different sets of writers to end up
with the screenplay that was filmed. Which probably goes some way to
explaining why it's so bad, come to think of it.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."