Which is the best first DWJ book?

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Sun May 19 18:44:35 EDT 2002

>My mum has asked me for recommended children's books, so DWJ obviously came
>to mind. This has probably come up before, but which is the best book to
>get
>her started on?
>
>Caleb W.

Depends on the age of the child. For a kid around ten, Howl is a perfect
choice. Funny, smart, and easily accessible. A few years later (in the
tragedy loving age) Dogsbody may be best. It has a bittersweet air that
appeals to 12-13-year-olds (at least girls). Later, Dark Lord is a given,
but then we're not really in children's territory anymore.

http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj

"Killing ten vampires is a lot harder than killing one."
"Does the word 'duh' mean anything to you?"
(Kristy Swanson made a better Buffy - in a poorer story.)