Teaching Dark Lord part 2

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri May 17 17:05:29 EDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

|>From: jackie e stallcup <jstallcup at juno.com>
|
|We also question a lot of
|>the assumptions that adults hold about children and teens.  If anyone is
|>interested in the theoretical reading that we do, I can send you some
|>references.
|>
|I would be really interested in reading some of this stuff. Could you send
|the references?

I just audited a fantastic course at Simmons about the idea of
childhood, wherein we discussed social constructions of childhood
and ideas of innocence.  We began with Dickens (Oliver Twist),
Blake and Wordworth, and finished with Pullman.  Very cool.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
The cry has been that when war is declared, all opposition should
therefore be hushed.  A sentiment more unworthy of a free country could