George Eliot and DWJ in Dublin

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri May 17 06:43:09 EDT 2002

Yeah, I know, I know - what a conference *that* would be. :)  I will
reply, Ven, soon, but in the interim, you may be relieved to know
that I've never read Mill on the Floss, so won't get too heated over
a defense of GE.

But, how would listees feel about doing some serious concentrating to
overcome DWJ's travel jinx?  Apparently they're only due in Dublin at
4:30, and have to be at the conf at 7:15 - not ideal for Dublin
Friday evening anyway, but now we have massive rain and thunderstorms
and a computer glitch in London air-traffic to add to the fun.

Hallie.