F&H and ML suggestions (Was: Re: Most widely-read DWJ)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed May 15 17:24:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Kale wrote:
|Incidentally, I was wondering if we could start
|keeping a list of interesting threads and their
|archived URLs?  (The URLs aren't likely to change, are
|they?)  Say, for interesting discussion of Fire and
|Hemlock, check these messages (link).  Because the
|threads tend to veer really off-topic without changing
|the subject line, following the archived threads
|themselves don't really help, assuming you knew which
|thread to follow.  (The Fire and Hemlock revisited
|thread seemed to be about pronunciation.)

If people point to interesting threads (as Kale has done here)
I'll add them to a new list at http://www.suberic.net/dwj/list/ .
I can format this however people want.

|BTW, I have found a very crude and not really
|efficient way of searching the mailing list archives.
|Use Google's Advanced Search option
|(http://www.google.com/advanced_search) and limit the
|domain (second line from bottom) to suberic.net

for the record, it has recently been pointed out to me that I
have not yet made the bodies of messages non-searchable as I
promised I would.  This weekend I will (a) do that, and (b)
research keeping them searchable for list members only.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Wes: "My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth.  Oh, Buffy!"
Cordy: "Yes, Angel?"